3rd Trimester

Anyone else scared and overwhelmed?

I'm 34 1/2 weeks and just had my first childbirth class yesterday. There was a lot of discussion about the duration of labor and the pain of the contractions felt in the different phases. As I now understand about more about some of the potential down sides of epidurals (prolonged labor and delivery, reduction or elimination of the natural urge to push, higher likelihood of needing pitocin or other interventions during labor, etc.), I'm starting to get really nervous about the delivery. Anyone else flat out scared? 

I'm also a bit anxious about the first several weeks of being a new, first-time momma -- mainly the sleep deprivation, the physical recovery after the delivery, learning to breastfeed successfully, and a fear of social isolation when my husband has to go back to work. I know this baby is going to fill up our lives in ways I could never imagine, but I'm also suddenly petrified -- something totally new to me. I've been feeling pretty good about everything up until this point. Now, I'm worried and frightened.  

Meanwhile, I am training someone to fill in for me during maternity leave right now, which is also adding to my stress about those 12 weeks away from the office. I'm not sure this person has the skills needed to do my job--even on a temporary basis. We spent an entire week last week on one of the most basic tasks, and I'm still not sure she has it down. Last summer, it took an intern three hours to master the same task. So, now I'm worrying that when I return from maternity leave, I'm going to have a mess to clean up as well.  I'm also nervous about the fact that I'm going to need to hand my baby over to a stranger when he is still so little and helpless, and is at a critical point in his development. 

All in all, I'm overwhelmed right now. Anyone else feel this way?