2nd Trimester

Hormones + Holidays + Finances = unpleasantness

So I thought I'd be a real go-getter yesterday and run out to the Hallmark store to pick up the ornament for our 2nd godchild.  Didn't want him to have the same as his brother, so I decided on Spiderman and Cars for the older 2 boys.  Well, oldest of the 3 is not our Godchild, and DH felt that it wasn't our obligation to get him a gift. 

Well, ornaments are non-returnable, so DH became quite infuriated that I a) spent $15 on an ornament for oldest boy/non-Godchild, b) I didn't know that the middle boy has the complete set of Godchild ornaments so far, so he needs to get that one, and I was supposed to think to get the baby the "Baby's First Christmas".  He was literally trembling, he was so upset.  While I understand that finances are tight (though I didn't know HOW MUCH SO until this conversation), I thought $15 on this boy was acceptable.  Not so much.  So despite how I felt about that issue, to pacify DH, I let him go back to the store, plead with them, and he managed to exchange Cars for the Baby's First.  So now we have to ebay Spiderman.

It ended up working out okay, because the boys were in bed by the time we made it to their house last night, but I feel like etiquette probably dictates a gift for oldest boy, too.  WDYT?

Silver lining is that I know more specifically where we stand now (about $1K short for the past few months), which I find is motivating me today to power though some work.  My business should turn profitable next month (with no debt!), so I'm trying not to stress too much, but this all caused quite the breakdown yesterday.  Crying