Baby Showers
Options

My SIL is a peach

"So today ______ (husband), ________ (DS #1 just turned 5) & myself will be celebrating with our family & friends the soon arrival of our little boy.. I have been praying for good weather & sunshine.. It is a Co-Ed baby shower.. I wanted it that way cause it took two people who love each other to make a baby & I wanted our families to share in the joy.. And I'm not old school so why not have a PARTY!!"

This is the message my SIL put on her Facebook on her way to her shower. Keep in mind that I spent a boat load of money on her for her first shower, that I hosted, and she sold all of her baby things (except a stroller, which she reregistered for) two years ago in a yard sale. For this shower, she told me that she was having her shower on X day. Being the stupid person I am I told her to let the hostess know that'd I would help a little- since she is my SIL and I am a sucker. I assumed someone asked to throw her a shower, that it was going to be a small affair with only super close family and friends, and that if she registered it would be minimal. Well, after I told her to let me know if the hostess needed anything, she informed me that she just assumed her mom and I would throw the shower for her. I was a little shocked, and a whole lot of pissed. Still me being the nonconfrontational person I am (or at least was trying to be) I said I would do the invitations and the cake. She gave me an invite list of 93 people.

To add salt to my wound I gave her a nice gift- a bouncer I had a double of (still in its box I hadn't returned from my shower), a lot of bath supplies that I had doubles of, some sensory toys, and 3 newborn outfits. To which she replied that she thought the outfits were a waste since she has big babies and they just don't fit into newborn clothes. Her other child was born 8 lbs 4 oz.

She is just really annoying me and I needed to vent. Even if you are ok with second showers- this just screams rude to me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic