3rd Trimester

MIL overload, need help

Hi ladies.

I am new here, but I have been lurking for some time. I found most anwers to questions I had just by looking around. I thought I might as well make a name for myself. Lol.

Anyway, I do have concerns that I was seeking some advice on. My MIL is absolutely going ape-bananas over our future LO. She has gone and bought a crib for her house, which I thought was sweet. (I don't have my mom around, so I have just let MIL be as excited as she wants.) My problem is that she wants to be in the delivery room. She won't take no for an answer. We are trying to go natural (med-free) and I really feel her excitement/anxious energy will just be a distraction. DH wants his whole family there. He did back off when I reminded him who was giving birth, but he is still letting MIL think she gets to be there. We had a preterm labor scare once, but it was a false alarm (thank goodness) but MIL came screaming up to the hospital and blew my DH's (and my) phone up until we let her in. She remains adamant that since LO will be kind of like "her baby" too she should be in the room when LO is born. She also wants to stay in the room and 'help' with all the first stuff since I "will be tired and won't want to expend energy bathing and feeding and changing." She also plans to go home with us and help DH and I settle in. I am soooo not confrontational, but I need to say something. DH said that if I was uncomfortable to just tell her, but that he would appreciate the help when LO arrives. I know he sees her through rose colored lenses, but I think this is just too much. I want to be able to bond with my baby and settle in on my own. She is already telling me how hard being a mommy is and that I'll most likely do it wrong without her help. Ugh. Any advice? Anyone else deal with a overly-doting gramma to be?

Thanks, sorry this turned into a novel.