Attachment Parenting

AP in General

Hi there,

I've mostly been a lurker and feel like I have a slight grasp, but I'd like to hear from some what the whole AP package includes. I'm thinking this is probably right for me.

I'm a FTM, still PG, and will be a single parent. I have wanted to breastfeed from the start and have done a lot of research on it. I also plan to wear her a lot and have 2 wraps already, though I may have to get different ones. Finally, for the first several months she will be sharing a room with me and will either be sleeping in a co-sleeper or a r&p beside my bed. I know there's more to it, but I don't know what so I'm open to hear everyone's take.

My Mom was a single parent of 4 for most of my life. Most of the time we all slept in the living room together...which many people think is weird, however everyone who comes to visit at family gatherings says that they wish their family was as close as ours. We are very loving and close. I want the same for my daughter and I, but I also don't want to be dubbed as crazy.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. 

Pregnancy Ticker
BabyName Ticker