Parenting after 35
Options

"Surprise" pregnancy!

Hi!

I'm 'only' 34 & 1/2 but I'd like to connect with other almost-mid-life moms who might be able to relate to how I'm feeling.  I am a homeschooling mom to 3 children - ages 10, 6, & 5.

I just took a pregnancy test yesterday, and was shocked to see that it was positive!  I was under the assumption that I couldn't have any more children. I had an ovary removed b/c of a fibroid tumor, and I have severe scar tissue. After our youngest was born (nearly 6 years ago!) my Dr. told me that I was so riddled with scar tissue that she didn't know how I was ever able to get pregnant. 

My 3 kids have entered a 'big kid' phase of life, and I have embraced it. For the first time in 10 years, I've been able to take walks by myself. Having a baby was the last thing on my mind. We've also moved several times in the last few years, and we've completely gotten rid of everything baby related.. I have absolutely nothing. 

I believe that children are gifts from God, and I know that I'm going to be very thankful for this miracle - but right now I am just really kind of terrified.