Adoption
Options

So torn...

We were approached about a potential match a few weeks ago. We did research about mental health histories and decided to be considered. Last week we were told that the couple decided to proceed with the other couple. Apparently, the father was drawn to us and mother to the other family. The social worker even went ahead and told us in detail what the expectant parents said about us and why/why not they didn't pick us. We were crushed. This morning, I received an email saying that the match fell though and asking if we are interested in being reconsidered. My husband is all about moving forward, but I am stuck and unsure. Knowing what the expectant mom's perception of us is really hard to move past...(we are overly focused on education, family might play too much of a role in our life, and we do not seem like free spirits). I wanted so badly for this match to work and was broken hearted when we found out. If I wasn't told what she thought about us, then I would be so excited and this wouldn't even be a decision or a dilemma. 

Anybody have this same experience? Any advice or insight would be so helpful.