3rd Trimester

Labor bag--pack what?

So, when I had DD#1 I packed a bag kinda haphazardly because of our life circumstances (was staying at my parents, my mom passed away two days earlier, we were there during the last week of her life as she was on home hospice for leukemia,) and I hardly remember what I threw in there.  I think I had everything!

This time, though, our hospital has asked to pack two separate bags:  A big bag for the recovery room (this will have the going home outfit for me and for LO, toiletries, nursing pillow, etc.) and a smaller bag for the labor room ONLY.  (Something about insufficient space for the big ol' suitcases moms were bringing to the L&D rooms.)  

Anyway, so far in my labor bag I have slippers; a case with pillow spray, chapsticks, & lotion; a buncha hair ties; my glasses (I wear contacts normally); and hard candies.  I also have tied my phone charger to the strap with a ribbon so when I grab it I remember to throw in the charger.  I even threw in the baby name book because yeah we aren't decided yet.  

What else should go in the labor-only bag?  It feels pretty empty! 

BabyFruit Ticker