August 2013 Moms

Travel WWYD.

Is it completely unrealistic to try and plan a trip for 6 weeks after my due date?

I need to get continuing ed credit for my professional certification. There's an annual conference that allows me to get a huge percentage of what I need, and my work covers basically all associated costs. This year's conference is about 6 weeks after my due date.

Sessions are a few hours each day, in the morning, with short breaks in between. There are evening activities I could skip out on without any difficulty or impact on my credits. I usually stay in the hotel where the conference is held, so it would be easy to run up to my room if need be on breaks.

The conference this year is in a city I'd love to visit and have never been to, plus the out of pocket costs to bring either my H or mom to help with the baby would be MUCH less than if I were to skip this year and go next, bc next year is a huge metro, VHCOL, expensive city. Skipping both isn't really an option.

I think I would technically be considered working, so could either save a week of vacation from mat leave, or extend my leave for another week. I'm waiting to hear from my boss if it's even an option.

If it is, wwyd? Am I being crazy even thinking about it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml