August 2013 Moms

Intro and a Travel Dilemma

Hello! I've been an occasional lurker on this board, so wanted to introduce myself. I'm a FTM, due 8/31. Thanks to you all for the great advice (and entertainment) - it's been really helpful so far. 

I also have a sort of dilemma - my sister is getting married in late September, just a few weeks after my due date, and the wedding is 800 miles away from where I live. I'm the MOH so obviously I want/need to be there, but DH and I are not sure what we should do as far as traveling. My options would be: 1. Flying with a tiny infant 2. An 12+ hour drive with a tiny infant 3. Leaving baby with my DH and MIL for the weekend, while I fly up by myself for a quick 48 hour trip. 

I know this will probably have to be a last minute decision based on when I deliver, how baby/I are doing, but just wanted to ask: have any of you experienced traveling with a brand new baby before? I think any option will be tough (especially flying with LO - makes me very nervous), so I appreciate any/all advice. Thanks!