August 2013 Moms

Another Announcement Post

We shared our news with DHs family today and I thought it was really sweet how we did it. About a week ago I could tell DH was getting upset that we had not told his family yet, so we told his sister on Tuesday when she was over. We stressed that we did not want the word to spread because it was our news to share and we wanted to tell everyone in person. We had originally planned to share on Easter when everyone was together. Well, SIL was throwing a joint party for her DH and her 2 year olds bday and their 7 month olds baptism today. When we told her our news she offered to let us announce at the party and was really excited about it. DH and I are not spotlight kind of people so this was perfect for us! She bought a baby balloon and floated it in the house with the other balloons at the party and everyone asked if they were expecting again. Last year at my nephews first birthday, she announced her second pregnancy. SIL discretely took all the kids into a different room and tied the balloon to DDs hand. Her friend kept an eye on all kids while she came out to explain how she was not expecting this year, but someone else in the room was. DH and I played along looking at all the couples in the room with questioning looks. So, three kids came out and with each all the people got so excited! DD came out in tears with the balloon tied on her dress. Apparently she does not like being shut in a room with a stranger and a bunch of kids! Lol. But it was so sweet, everyone was so excited. The nice thing was, we avoided other SILs dumb questions and comments because the group was so large. Such a bonus! So yay, now I don't have to stress about telling anymore. Hopefully life will still be tame. Sorry if there are errors, mobile bumping is lame. And I've got FIL coming over to talk to us about a bunch of bs. That is a rant for another post! Yay for babies! Love dairy posts... Smiles.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml