August 2013 Moms

Gender Reveal Advice

So, my husband is deployed right now. He'll be home for the birth but he will not be home for the anatomy scan on April 1st. My mother and MIL are going to go to the ultrasound with me. Before he deployed he said that he didn't want me to announce the gender to him in a care package because it takes like 2 weeks for it to get from here to there. He wants me to either just tell him on the phone or email him. BORING! We talked about finding out the gender together when he got home but that cuts it close with registering, the shower, and setting up the nursery. He won't have much time to set up the nursery and paint so if we know the gender before he gets home that helps. I thought about having my MIL film my reaction as the sonographer tells me the gender and emailing him the video but I wasn't sure if you ladies have any better ideas on how to tell him the gender! We can skype so I could do something fun live but I need ideas!!! He said since he's a guy he doesn't need the announcement to be a big ordeal but I feel like just saying "It's a boy/girl" over the phone is boring. HELP! TIA