Infertility Veterans

Prayers & Advice needed (long)..

As you ladies know, I was in the hospital back in October and they told me that I would need a hysterectomy.  Well, that time has come.  I went to the doctor last night and he told me that I will definitely require a hysterectomy.  Originally we wanted to do a laposcopic (sp) but the doctor is telling me that I won't be able to have it done that way because my uterus is so big and hard and they won't be able to grip it, so now I have to have the procedure open.  I have to be cut open and I'm scared. 

I'm on coumadin and they will monitor me and all that but I'm petrified.  They won't be able to do the fibroid ableration (sp) because most likely the fibroids will grow back. 

So, now I'm thinking that I'm going to go for the surgery during MLK week.  I'll be out of work for 6 to 8 weeks and that sucks so much because I'm not eligible for Aflack.  I'm not eligible because I don't have it now and knowing about it ahead time disqualifies me.  So, in order to keep my vacation for the year I will be out of work unpaid.  Which sucks but, it is what it is I guess. 

I need this surgery, my quality of life will be so much better.  I won't be in pain and bleeding constantly but I am so nervous.  I know none of you have had a hysterectomy obviously, but has anyone you know had one and what was the recover time?  

Thanks ladies.

My Wonderful Sister is my GC!!!! 3 IUIs, 2 unmedicated, 1 50mg of Clomid = All BFNs Next step IVF!!!! Melinda & Michael 5*6*06 God Bless The Broken Road