August 2013 Moms

Update: Medela Pump Styles

I posted yesterday about the Medela model my insurance was offering for free and how I have never heard of it before.

I also posted my question on the Breastfeeding board and the ladies let me know that the Medela Advanced Personal Double Pump is equivalent to the PISA.  It's a more "generic" looking model but has the same motor/parts/etc. just a different bag and face on the motor.  Medela started making this model specifically for insurances after the health care reform act was passed.  It's not available in stores, only through your insurance.

Not sure if a nicer bag is worth $60 (to get the legit PISA tote), however I'm still undecided and my vanity may get the best of me and upgrade to a nicer bag. However, the handsfree quality of the Freestyle is also really intriguing - and for $125 is still wayyyyy cheaper than buying it myself from BRU.

Just thought I'd let you ladies know in case your insurance offers you the same model - it may be slightly fugly but it's pretty much the same thing as the PISA.

Thanks for all your feedback!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml