Pregnant after IF

Twins are here!

On Jan 29, I went into L&D for my scheduled induction. They started pitocin at about 8am and I waited for it to kick in. When I arrived at the hospital I was already about 2cm and 90% effaced so they didn't think it would take long for things to get going. I started getting minor contractions about an hour later but nothing too bad. The nurse continued to increase the dosage every hour. At noon, 3pm and 6pm the dr checked me and I was still 2cm. My dr made the assumption that I was not going to meet my babies that day because my body was not responding to the pitocin. I was told that sometimes it takes 2 days for the pitocin to be recognized by the body so the drip was shut off at 6pm that night and would start again at 6am the next morning. I was so disappointed that I had to stay in the hospital that night still pregnant and had to wait to meet my babies. 

The next morning the nurse started the pitocin and was a little more agressive with the dosage and was continually increasing the dose every 30 min. By noon I had finally started dilating to 3cm. The contractions started getting a little more intense but still very bearable.  At 3pm I went to the bathroom and my water broke while I was sitting on the toilet. I freaked out at first because I didn't know what to do so I told my husband to call the nurse. The nurse came in and helped me back to bed. The contractions got MUCH more intense and I was starting to consider getting an epidural. I held out for another hour and I finally asked for pain relief. My contractions continued for another 7 hours when I finally hit 10 cm at 11pm that night. My dr was not at the hospital yet so I had to wait until he got there to start pushing. In the meantime, my epidural got disconnected and I started feeling the contractions again. I had my epidural fixed right before my dr arrived and I was transfered to the OR to deliver. It was a little scary being in the OR because there was still a possibility of a C Section if things didn't go well. At 11:40 I was told I could start pushing, after 3 contractions my baby girl (Sierra Mae) was born (11:52pm). The dr had to help guide baby B down a bit and I was able to start pushing about 10 min later. At this time, my epidural started wearing off again and I had full feeling for the birth of my baby boy (Gavin Brian) at 12:20am. Both babies were very healthy except for minor blood sugar issues. Sierra was given an IV over night with sugar water and Gavin was fed formula to help increase his blood sugar. The crazy part of their birth is that they have different birthdays! Sierra was born on Jan 30 and Gavin was born 20 min into Jan 31. 

We are still adjusting to having 2 newborns to take care of but overall they are very good babies and we are so in love with them. I will post pics later. 

Photobucket TTC since 1999. Unexplained Infertility. IUI#1 Oct. 12/11 - BFN IUI#2 - Nov 8 - Failed
IUI#3 - Jan 6 IVF#1 -5/18 - stims start (225 gonal f, 75 menopur, 5 lupron) ER 5/29 - 14R, 11M, 7F. 6/1 - Transferred 2 8cell embryos (grade 1 and 2). 8dp3dt +HPT, Beta#1 - 92, Beta #2 - 174, Beta#3 - 614, Beta#4 - 2010. 6wk u/s - TWINS! Baby A 114bpm, Baby B 112 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker