Breastfeeding

Discovered lipase problem..9 months later :(

Ive been testing my breast milk for lipase and tonight I'm completely sure that I have excess lipase. So that explains the sudden bottle refusal at three months... After worrying and talking to an LC, I taught him to drink from a sippy cup. He would drink water, but not BM. Several months ago I defrosted some milk in hopes he would take it in his sippy and it smelled terrible so I tasted it and came WAY too close to projectile vomiting into my kitchen sink. I thought that it was bad because of a power outage that forced DH, DS and I to pack up all of my stash into a cooler and rush it to my parent's house and then of course bring it back after the purchase of our generator. So I threw all of that milk away after the violent gag session.

I read a post recently about lipase and thought I might have the problem...and of course I do. I just wish I would have figured it out sooner!! I haven't been away from DS for more than four hours in over 9 months. So no substitute teaching for me! One more reason why BFing should come with a manual!! I would never have figured it out if it werent for this website. 

Anyways, I'm just venting. However, if your LO is refusing bottles...check for too much lipase if you're giving he or she BM from the fridge or freezer! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml