Breastfeeding

Ready to give up BF...

I'm becoming so frustrated with BF. My son is a large baby.. 9.13 at birth, now 11.10 at 6 weeks. We EBF for the first 4 weeks. At 4 weeks we started supplementing 2 oz of formula occasionally usually 12 times per day to give me a break because he was nursing so often about every 90 minutes for nearly an hour. Now we are at 6 weeks...he now takes 34 oz formula 12 times per day, but seems to want to nurse more than ever. I sit down to nurse him, he falls asleep after 1520 minutes...I try to wake him but can't. If I lay him down, he wakes up screaming, and immediately wants to nurse again. We go through this pattern all day and all night, with the exception of usually a one hour nap in the day only sleeps if he is being held and a 2 hour stretch at night on a very good night. Basically, I feel like I am feeding him 24 hours a day, and it is exhausting. His pediatrician says he is just such a big baby that he needs extra calories..has anyone been through this...I need to hear from other moms, and need some support. I'm truly considering giving up BF because I'm so tired, but I feel terrible about it. I know it's what is best for him, so I'm trying my best to keep it up. But it is difficult to even get a shower or cook something to eat....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml