Pregnant after IF

A/S and Team...

BLUE!  I think it would be really fun to have two brothers really close in age. And of course, two years ago I didn't think I could have any, so this is just amazing:)

My a/s yesterday ended up being fine after they spent the whole day scaring the cr@p out of us...the u/s tech doing it was narrating all along, telling us everything was normal, but then brought the Dr. in afterwards . He spent a long time narrowed in on the heart...finally he said he thought he MIGHT see a VSD (ventral septal defect - i.e. "a hole in the heart"). My 8 year old nephew had a large VSD and had to have open heart surgery as a newborn and it was incredibly traumatic so I was completely freaked out. I saw my OB right after and she said if there is one, we might want to get an amnio b/c of course any time there's an anatomical issue DS is a possible consideration, and she said I should get a fetal echo. I was scheduled for one in 10 days anyway b/c of family history, but I did NOT want to wait that long.

After haggling with the pediatric cardiolgsits and them telling her they couldn't get me in until next week and I'm going away next week, she finally got me in at 4pm - so I was back and forth from home and the hospital between 9am and 4pm. They did the fetal echo and afterwards the Dr. came in and gave me a super thorough explaination of how a fetal heart works and why they might have thought they saw something. He said he did NOT see a VSD (but gave me a lot of disclaimers about how very small ones can't ever be detected etc) and the heart looked as normal as possible.

It was SUCH a stressful day and we were so exhausted...but it really puts it all into perspective - all we really want is a healthy baby.

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
Lap 7/21/10
IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!.

James Paul born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker