Pregnant after IF

Opinion on Flu Shot? DH says no, I say yes

Ok everyone, before I ship DH off to the looney bin, I want to ask your opinion on the flu shot. I had never gotten the flu shot before last year when I was PG with the triplets. Last year the dr asked me if I got my flu shot yet and I said no and he said "you are getting it right now, roll up your sleeve", I got it and didn't think anything of it and neither did DH. This year I said to DH - I need to get my flu shot and he starts going on about how he thinks the media is causing hysteria over the flu and for many years many people never got the flu shot and they survived and on and on. He also said he didn't want me putting extra chemicals into my body for the shot (umm hello - we did IVF - what the heck do you think all those shots I was taken were?)

So now I am second guessing myself. I still think I should get the flu shot because I am a diabetic and that is considered a chronic condition that getting the flu would be bad.

Did you get the flu shot? Did you give any thought to the media hype about it?

Oh and also, I work in Manhattan and take public transportation to and from work coming in to contact with a thousand people a day - I say I need it.

TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
Prayers for our take home babies!
2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers