Breastfeeding

Tongue tie and aftermath questions

A quick intro, my little girl, J was born almost two weeks ago. She was suspected to have a tongue tie immediately. Due to insurance end of the year and benefits switching on Jan 1 we were finally able to have her tongue clipped yesterday evening. It was a type 4 tie. 

I had puppy and rainbow dreams of putting her to breast and having her get right to the business yesterday after the procedure. Not so easy. Since day 4 we have been supplementing with pumped breast milk, as her weight had dipped 15oz, she wasn't latching well or at all.

I've contacted the LC that was present at her birth and who helped me a lot last week, but I'm waiting to hear back from her and I was looking for some advice. 

She seems to only want the bottle. I get it. It is easier. How can I get her to latch and suck? I usually use the football hold, but she keeps putting her hands in the way. She will take my nipple in her mouth, but she doesn't stay on and suck.  

She has been snoozing skin to skin on my chest for the last two hours, so I'm trying to keep the boob from being hostile.

Oh, and I do have a good supply. I can pump 4-5oz every 2.5-3 hours. My breasts drip all over her when she is crying and trying to latch.  

Sorry, that is a lot of info. I would love any advice about getting her to latch and feed. Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml