Breastfeeding

All of a sudden fussy at the breast and not eating as much?

So DD is EBF and has started getting fussy at the breast after my first letdown is done and it's impossible to get her to keep eating and working on a second letdown. She cries, fusses and arches her back and won't have none of it. I then stop nursing her and she is perfectly happy.

Now I'm ok with still nursing her even if she does this but unfortunately this means that she is now waking up to eat at night instead of STTN since she started doing this.

We had an appointment with the Dr. today and they said she is gaining about 17 grams a day (recommended it 15grams/day) which is good because she is getting enough but obviously she is waking up at night to make up for the extra she is no longer getting during the day. She used to eat so much that I had to take her off the breast because she would nurse all day, lol but now she barely eats 5 minutes and then gets cranky.

Any tips/advice? The Dr. advised me to keep nursing and to try giving her cereal (not cereal in her bottle) before bedtime seeing if it will keep her full so she wont wake at night anymore. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml