3rd Trimester

Mederma Horror Story

Hello Ladies!! Just wanted to let you know my Mederma Stretch Mark cream story.  Hopefully it will help someone out, so they don't end up in the same situation.  So I have been fairly lucky with stretch marks this pregnancy, only a few on my hips and lower belly.  I typically use Mamma Mio Tummy Rub, and Bath Body Works Shea Almond lotion. But, I decided to get some Mederma since I had a coupon, and heard it works wonders.  So here's what happened.

I started using it on Xmas eve night after showering.  Then used it Xmas morning, by the afternoon, my belly was slightly itchy, but nothing too noticable.  I read one of the side affects is mild itching, so I didn't think anything of it.  Used it again, Xmas night, and yesterday morning.  Well by the afternoon, I was a itchy mess, and covered in a bright red pinpoint rash all over my bump!! I felt like I was being eaten alive by fire ants!!! I took a cold shower, in attempt to get it all off, and sooth the itching.  Ugggh, by last night my belly was a mess! It was blood red, and blotchy and oooh so itchy. 

After taking some benadryl, and more cold showers... this morning, the redness and swelling went down, but the itching is still slightly there.  So either my skin is way to sensitive for that stuff, or I had a severe allergic reaction.  So to anyone thinking of using this, I would reccommend doing a skin test prior to lathering yourself in it.

Hopefully this post helps so that it doesn't happen to anyone else.

TTC since 12/2011
BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800
US @ 6w2d saw HB of 131
**stick baby stick!!!
US @20w IT'S A BOY!!
I love Brent Pictures, Images and Photospitbulls Pictures, Images and Photos BabyFruit Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic