Breastfeeding

XP: Lactation Facilities....long

Lactation Facilities....long 

I go back to work on Jan 2nd.  My work has 2 sites and I am currently at the smaller of the two (but still over 1000 people)  The lactation facilities at the main site are awesome.  There are several lactation rooms with lockers and refrigerators for everyone's stuff.  They are used quite extensively.

At the smaller site they basically give you a small conference room in the medical office.  It has no fridge, no sink and no storage.  You have to wash things in the nearby bathroom and use a cooler for your milk.  They are technically meeting the letter of our state's law....but I feel like this is BS because the other site has such great facilities.  

Would you fight this?  I think I will make a comment to my HR person, but I'm not really willing to do much more than that in fear or being labeled "a complainer".  I know several women at this site that have just dealt with the crappy facilities.....I wish they would've said something.  I have already included this complaint in our anonymous yearly employee satisfaction survey.

Sorry this ending up being so long....oatmeal cookies for everyone! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml