Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Did anyone's SO surprise them??

I am really reaching and hoping for a miracle here. Did anyone's SO turn a serious corner and become a helpful, productive person after the baby was born after spending the entire pregnancy being a selfish, lazy azz?

I'm asking because my H (can't even call him "DH" with the way I feel about him right now), will not lift a finger even though I have had a terrible pregnancy and work full time on my feet all day. Then he chews me out for being "a crazy, demanding *** (or other similar terms)" when I finally get fed up with doing everything and get irritated at him or quit speaking to him for fear of blowing up and starting a fight. I am hoping someone was in a similar situation before LO and now that your LO is here, SO has stepped up to the plate and maybe there is hope that mine will to. I am so fearful that he won't and it might actually get worse and DD will grow up in a broken home (because I can't take it much longer). Please, someone tell me there is still a chance this will all work out.