3rd Trimester

IL rant

I'll be the first to admit I am a little bit of a brat. But whatever ;)

I moved in August and our new house didn't come with window fixtures. We put up some cheap coverings for the time being but a month ago my mom bought us 8 blinds for our whole top floor. My parents were supposed to come down last sunday and put up the blinds/help around the house... but they were just here the week prior painting the nursery and hanging christmas lights. So I suggested to DH that maybe him and his dad could put up the blinds. I wanted them to feel involved since my parents basically did the whole nursery for us.

We needed a sitter tonight anyway so it worked out well that they would be here. DH helped put up one of the blinds before leaving for work to make sure it fit and left the job to his dad and brother (my FIL, BIL and MIL all were over). BTW... they were happy to help us out. I wasn't forcing them to do anything. Well I came home from work and I was soooo excited to see the blinds, went upstairs and only the one was installed. I asked if they didn't fit and FIL said no they all measured fine but he just didn't do it.

I didn't want to press the issue bc it was my idea that they do it, and I'm sure he wanted to visit with DD. I just felt a little let down.

I also made a whole crock pot of turkey meatballs and got rolls from the bakery for them for dinner. They didn't even touch it, they went to mcdonalds because "DD likes it there." :/ 

I then sit down after a really long day and MIL asks what DDs christmas dress looks like. We do dinner with their family christmas eve and everyone gets very dressed up. I mention I didn't buy her one bc we don't go to church (we do but not often since DD is only 2) so there isn't a use for one. I bought one last year specifically for this dinner and it felt like a waste. I said I would probably put her in a nice sweater and her favorite pink cords. MIL then went on and on about how it will RUIN the photos bc everyone else will be dressed up. I then say that I was planning on wearing a longer, nice sweater and leggings. And she got angry saying I dress up for work daily and can wear something nicer.

I felt a little offended by this. As if I am expected to get dressy clothes specifically for this dinner when its literally 12 people and just DHs family. We don't go to a church service and I wouldn't use the dress for DD at my familys dinner the next day, we dress casual.

After they left I called my mom crying saying that I was just disappointed and felt like I was being a b*tchy DIL bc I expected blinds to be put up and they weren't, and I now have to get dressy outfits for dinner. She offered to mail me gift cards for Macys to get the outfits but I told her that wasn't the point and she shouldn't have to do that. 

So what do I do? Wear what I want? Go buy dressy outfits? I could probably wear something nicer but I really just want to be comfy at dinner. They stuff us into a small room around a small table and I don't want to sit there in pants that cut into my tummy, and forget tights!

What would you ladies do?  And is it stupid that I am a little disappointed about the blinds not being put up? I just know his family... it'll take a month to get the rest up! uggghhhh

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml