Breastfeeding

FTM questions about newborn

I've posted a few questions here and had excellent responses so thank you so much. I have a few more questions though if you ladies could help.

DD is one week old today. I had no idea that breastfeeding would hurt so badly! We started off well with a good latch on the left, not so good on the right but I think it's pretty good now, it definitely did some damage as my right nipple is still much more tender. With that said, I'm starting to see the pain ease up slightly and it's encouraging.

So far the past two nights, she has been crying if off the breast. She wants to eat constantly all night long. There's no way to put her down. So I've been propping myself up and just holding her while we sleep. I'm too nervous to do side lying but I prop up my arms and she sleeps skin to skin and we both get rest. I guess I'm just wondering if this is ok? It feels very secure much more so than laying beside her.

Next, I have a red patch of skin on the right breast. That was the irritated side I had a latch issue with. But now I have a lumpy sore red area that I'm assuming is a clogged duct...? Any suggestions?

I guess that's all for right now. TIA!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml