1st Trimester

XP: insight please (low HCG and spotting)

I got a BFN with a FRER on CD 38, then a light BFP on CD 39, then a digi positive on CD 40. I mis-charted the cycle because I got a positive OPK and stopped taking them, then didn't end up ovulating. My temps were messed up from traveling and home renovation drama.  Anyway, so I'm thinking that I got my digi BFP on 12 DPO (just based on intercourse timing and test sensitivity), which would put me at 19 DPO today. My ticker is obviously way off because it is based on my LMP.  I was waiting for my first doc appt to update it.

Well, Monday night I had a very little brown spotting.  It was gone in the morning but came back at SMU.  I called doctor and they had me come in yesterday. Ultrasound showed nothing in uterus. They looked very carefully for ectopic and couldn't see anything but also noted a cyst on my left ovary & excess fluid in my right.  Took HCG blood test and called me today - it was 48.  I get another draw tomorrow and meet with the doctor again on Friday morning to go over the results.

I have had more brown spotting today and it has been a little heavier at times and then gone at other times.  I know this could be from the ultrasound wand too.  

I hate being in this limbo.  Does anyone have experiences like this? I just want to know - good or bad outcomes.  TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml