Breastfeeding

Pumping and storing out of the country

This is mobile so forgive the lack of punctuation.

I am due in 4 weeks. I'm a FTM. My husbands family lives in the Dominican Republic and we plan on going to visit in late Feb. early March. I am going to be going back to work end of March or first of April.

My husband and I plan on working opposite shifts to relieve any daycare bill which means I will be pumping and storing so he can feed the baby by bottle while I'm at work.

I want to bring my breast pump with me. I have a Medela PISA. I'm concerned with the transportation of the milk that I pump, if I can, from DR back to the states. Where his parents live is modern enough and they have a freezer, so I don't necessarily think storing would be an issue once I got there if they had the room.

I'm so scared of my supply dropping and not being able to keep up because once I get back I will only have less than a month to finish up my freezer stash before returning to work. I'm a police officer and I work 9 hour shifts with an hour lunch break. I don't think pumping while I'm at work will be an issue since I'm kind of at my own will if I don't have a call.

I guess this is a mumble jumbled question but transporting is my biggest concern, maybe? The flight itself is 4 hours then layover time.

Suggestions?
IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers