1st Trimester

I need to eat healthier! HELP!

Ok - so last pregnancy I gained 50lbs. I lost all the weight plus an extra 10, but this time around I'd prefer not to gain that much. Although, here is where I'm running into problems. Before getting pg, I avoided breads and fatty foods (how I lost the extra 10!) but ever since finding out we were expecting again, the only foods I can seem to tolerate or want to eat is C-R-A-P! I'm talking carb overload. Breads, cookies, hamburgers from disgusting mcdonalds!...etc. I've gained 6lbs so far from this horrible eating and don't know what to do! I've talked to my midwife about this, and she said she would work with me but doesn't want it to become an obsession with me wanting to watch my weight since I once was anorexic and bulimic. 

Anyone have any advice on how to start eating healthier? Or is anyone else in the same boat? Please tell me so! 

Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers