July 2012 Moms

Blood in LO's poop

Hi All,

So I lurk alot and post sometimes...On Sat. my LO had pin head size specks of red blood in her poop which was kinda mucousy and not its normal liquid consistency. I called the doctor on call who said it's probably a fissure or tear- he said to put some tissue into her anus and see if it comes out red; it didn't.

Also, I had just taken her to the doctor on Friday bc she's been arching her back whenever she eats and is extremely fussy after she eats and it sometimes lasts hours. She's also been nursing like every 2 hrs at night and she was STTN. So yesterday she had small bits of globby poop in every diaper change and she normally poops every 2 days. 

We went to the grocery store and found out there's a recall on the spinach that we've eaten everyday for the last week (linked to EColi). I want to call the doctor and get her seen today but DH thinks she's fine that I'm overreacting.

Anyone's LO had blood in their poop? Should I call the doctor (my preference) or wait to see if it happens again (DH's idea). 

TIA if you made it all the way through my post! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml