July 2012 Moms

Anyone else have this issue?..

People keep saying "I never get to see LO!" or they say "I want to come by and see LO next week!" and then never call or show up? We have ran into this problem with mainly family... in laws and some of my family. Example: Remember MIL cried in my living room over LO being asleep and she didn't get to "play" with him. Well, the gentle side of me starting feeling bad so yesterday I called her and let her know we would be here all morning and she should come "play". Well, she said she HAS to go Christmas shopping and just wouldn't have time today. But in the same sentence.. she starts complaining how she never gets to see him. This is the 3rd time I've tried getting up with her and she's always busy or is already in her pj's. So she mentions coming by Monday afternoon after her doctors appointment. I said that's fine but my dad (who drives cross country for weeks at a time) is in town for his 36 hours lay over and will be here too. She said "Well, I haven't seen him in 2 weeks!" I said "He hasn't seen him in 5... you live 2 miles from me... he's been 3000 miles from home." DH started telling her to "quit b!tching about not seeing him, we try and you're too busy!" After that, she hung up. 

That's just an example of how people are. I don't understand why they think you should pack up LO (which takes FOREVER!) and bring him to see them. My SIL says "Call me when you're not busy and we'll ride over..." Since when is a mother NOT busy? ha! Does anyone else have this issue with people? Maybe it's just my crazy family! ha! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml