C-sections

Could use a little encouragment after a High Risk pregnancy and c-section

Is anyone else struggling with the decision of what to do about birth control, whether is is permanent or reversible? My sweet girl is 6 weeks old!  I had a planned Caesarean due to my health complications.  My pregnancy consisted of 8 months of bed rest or extremely limited activity and lots of medication.  It was very debilitating and needless to same not a safe option for the future.  I had considered having a tubal litigation at the time of the c-section, but opted not to because of the emotional effect of both a new child and a tubal.  I had planed to do the Essure instead. 

Now, even though I know it is a terrible idea, I am saddened that pregnancy is not an option for me again and that my baby will most likely be an only child.  I didn't expect to feel this way and am confused because I was so overcome with relief when the pregnancy was over.  Does anyone else have these feelings?

I guess I will talk to my doctor and see what she recommends.  I just wonder if I should wait to do something permanent until I am more comfortable with the decision. However, if I did get pregnant again, it would be very bad.  Sigh, I guess I am just sad and still a little hormonal.  It probably doesn't help that there is still a little soreness sticking around.  However, the c-section was the best option for me and I am thankful for it. 

Oh yeah, my baby spent 5 days in NICU.  It was dangerous to her too, so I know in my heart I cannot take the risk again :(