Breastfeeding

Pacifiers and bottles while starting BF?

BF and using pacifiers and bottles

I'm trying to follow the BF "guidelines" that I've been told--one of them being not to introduce pacifiers until like 4 weeks b/c of nipple confusion.  But the past two days I feel like LO will finish feeding, but then not want to unlatch b/c she just likes to have something in her mouth.  She was fussy this morning and kept acting like she was hungry, but everytime I put her to the breast, she'd just suck a minute or two, then fall asleep.  We had a long 30 minute feeding just prior to this.  I finally got her to sleep by letting her suck on my finger.  And I'm tempted to just let her have a pacifier if all she wants to do is soothe herself and she's not hungry.  I haven't introduced any bottles yet either, b/c I'm worried about the same problem of confusing her and she won't want to nurse...

What have you all experienced?  Do you use bottles and/or pacifiers yet if you are BF?  LO is only 1 week old.  I hate only have "rules" that I learned in a class vs. having real life experience!  I don't want to screw up the good thing we got going.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml