Breastfeeding

Slow weight gain

My LO is 5w and is slow to gain weight. She was 8lb. 6oz. at birth and dropped to 7lb. 10oz. at day 4. Since then she was back to 8lb. 10oz. At two weeks. Unfortunately, at her one month she was only 8lb. 12oz. That only 2oz. in two weeks. I just had another weight check Monday, one week after her month checkup and she had only put on 2oz. even though I've stepped up my nursing session from 8 to 10 a day.

Luckily, I've got a great support system and my pedi let me decide what I want to do between now and our 2 month appt. I've started to pump between sessions and giving it to her in addition to the 10 sessions.

I don't know if this is enough and I'm just looking for advise or suggestions from other moms about how to bulk up my baby. I'm open to supplementing, but not in place of any nursing session.

ETA: I can't believe I forgot to add this, but I'm using a nipple Sheild and I'm working to get off of it. We can nurse without it about 35 percent of the time and she gets better about not using it everyday.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml