Breastfeeding

Pumping - Milk got in tubes???

Has anyone had this happen to them?  I was pumping like usual with my Medela Pump in Style (only used 1 week) and all of a sudden there was milk in the tubing.  I stopped the pump, pulled out the tubes, faceplate, cleaned up the faceplate and insides of the pump.  I'm scared to clean the tubing.  It says on the website to rinse the tubing with cold water and then wash in warm water.  I'm worried that will turn the tubes into a wetter mess that will get moldy.  Anyone have experience with their tubing getting milk sucked in?  What caused it in yours?  How did you fix it from happening again?

Thanks! 

BFP#1 6/16/09-Cycle #11 Missed m/c at 10 weeks, D&C BFP #2 10/22 @6 weeks discovered bicornuate uterus and twins Lost Baby B @ 12 weeks. Our baby boy arrived 6/6/10! AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BFP #3:3/2/12 Crossing fingers for a healthy baby! Saw heartbeat on 3/23 128 bpm It's a BOY! Dealing with IUGR. Preeclampsia/HELLP Syndrome born 10/2 at almost 34 weeks. Please grow little E! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers