Breastfeeding

How to Handle a Newborn "Good Sleeper"

So DS is just over a week old now.  We scarily already have a routine down - which I'm sure as soon as I post this he'll decide to change!   He nurses for about 45 minutes around 9pm.  Then he sleeps in the RnP next to our bed for a good 2- 2 1/2 hours.  I wake him up.  DH changes his diaper. He nurses for 30-45 minutes depending on how sleepy he is.  He sleeps in the RnP for 2-3 hours.  I wake him up. DH changes him, I nurse him for 30 minutes.  He sleeps for another 1-2 hours.  During the day he is more alert and almost always wakes himself to eat every 1 to 2 hours.

So my question is how long do I keep waking him up after 3 hours from the start of the last feeding at night?  I know I want to do this at least until he's back to birth weight (Which I think he already is, but I'll find out Monday.) But then what?  Just let him sleep till he wakes up hungry?  Do I need to pump if he goes longer than 3 hours?  Or will my supply regulate and learn that we don't need as much milk during the night but need more during the day?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml