July 2012 Moms

LO won't take formula anymore...

I've been exclusively pumping for the last two months, since LO wasn't gaining nearly enough weight during the first few weeks, even though she seemed to be latching correctly, and everything seemed fine. The doctor recommended that I pump for a while to keep track of what LO was eating, and after, it was just too hard putting her to the breast, so I kept pumping. My supply isn't great, but I've managed to give her only my milk, with the exception of an ounce or two of formula a couple times a week at the beginning. I then had a period where it got slightly better, where the formula wasn't necessary anymore, but I still didn't have any "extra". Yesterday, I decided I couldn't handle pumping every two or three hours anymore, and that I'd start supplementing more with formula. However, I tried giving her formula earlier, and she'd constantly spit it out and then refuse the bottle. I figured she wasn't hungry, and tried to find another solution to her fussiness. She kept crying and crying for an hour, stopping here and there for a while, but then crying again. I finally decided to try giving her the little breastmilk I had, and she gulped it down like she'd been starving and fell asleep. Did any of you women have the same problem? What do I do if she continues to refuse the formula?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml