Breastfeeding

another "is this normal" type queastion

(sorry this got really long and rambley - I'll chalk it up to sleep deprivation)

My LO turned 5 weeks on Monday and her evening routine has changed and I'm not sure if it's ok or not.

This week instead of normal cluster feeding that she's done on and off she still wants to be at the breast most of the night but isn't eating at all. I don't think she's sucking hard enough to get anything (I don't see her jaw moving enough for swallows).  Then at other times when she is eating I hear a lot of smacking sounds instead of swallows.  I'm not sure if she's getting anything then either.  (is this some sort of growth spurt behavior/something or should I be concerned?)

I'm mostly  worried because she was really sleepy for the first 2 weeks and has been a slow gainer this whole time. She also lost over 12% of her birth weight before my milk came in so we needed to start supplementing (currently down to 4 oz a day and I'm usually able to give all of that as breast milk) but I'm hoping to be able to reduce that too.   I've done two weighed feedings where she only took an ounce each time but between last Tuesday and this past Monday she gained 4 oz - so even though that is on the very low end of gains she must be getting more than an ounce sometimes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml