1st Trimester

Threatened Miscarriage - Happy ending for now, but nervous

Hello, all --

Thought I would share my story.  I'm about 6w6d (from last period) and my first OB appointment is scheduled for tomorrow.  At dinner, I started having sudden, painful low cramps (almost like gas cramps), and when I went to the bathroom, there was bright red blood -- more than spotting but less than a regular period.

DH and I went to the ER (he joked I just wanted an earlier ultrasound because I couldn't wait for tomorrow!) and had ultrasounds ("external" and "internal," as I call them because I forget the technical name) and blood work.  

We were, very happily, able to see the little one with a racing heartbeat on both ultrasounds.  :)  The ER doc said that I'm measuring at 6w2d (so, not too far off -- how do they measure?) and that the heartrate was 136.  He also said my hCG levels were great and that all the bloodwork was "great," but it was still considered a "threatened miscarriage."  

I'm still seeing my OB tomorrow (or now, later today, I guess).  I'm beyond thrilled to have seen the heartbeat, but I'm nervous that this may mean I have a higher risk of miscarrying.  Any thoughts?  Any particular questions I should ask my OB tomorrow?  Thanks for reading.