July 2012 Moms

First NIP Experience..kind of long

And it wasn't so bad! I was terrified. DH and I had to go to the mall because he's having issues with his phone so we made an appointment with the Genius Bar. His appointment was at 5:30 which is around when DS should've eaten next. I decided to not pack a bottle because I got a nursing cover that I still haven't used yet aside from trying it out once in my house.

So I was going to go to the family bathroom and use it there. Get to the family bathroom, and it's literally a toilet, a smaller toilet, a sink, and a changing pad. Nowhere to nurse. Now I'm in a busy mall on a Friday evening, and I'm in a bit of a panic. So I start walking to try to find a spot that isn't smack dab in the middle of the mall, and I found a group of chairs down one of the side hallways in front of JC Penney. DH was in his appointment this whole time, so I got myself all set up and nursed DS there. It totally wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! I've been nervous about this for a while and I didn't need to be at all. A bunch of people walked by, but no one even paid any attention to us.

After he was finished, I burped him and then he needed to be changed, so I changed him quickly right there and tried to keep him as covered as possible. It didn't make sense to put him back into his seat to bring him to the bathroom and then take him back out again to change him. It was the fastest diaper change of my life! 

So in the end, I'm really glad that I decided to bite the bullet and NIP for the first time. The closest I came before was nursing DS in the back of my car that has tinted windows. Maybe I'll even become brave enough one day to not use a cover anymore. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml