1st Trimester

Gush of Blood- 9.5 Weeks ***UPDATE***

Hello All,

I'm new to writing threads but have found that whenever a bit nervous about something, there are many people here who that can offer good insight.

I'm now 9 weeks 5 days into my first pregnancy and yesterday (Friday) I had very minor cramping approximately 5 minutes followed by a some red blood and a small clot (There has been no additional cramping or pain). I immediately called my midwife who said to wait it out. An hour later, I had a big gush of blood which immediately stopped (without any other symptoms of cramping or pain).

This morning I woke up dry but did feel very nauseous and was dry heaving. During this, some spots of brown blood did come out.

I immediately rang the midwife on-call who said to prepare myself for a miscarriage and unfortunately that there is nothing I can do but to wait and see. I am booked in for an U/S on Monday morning.

Obviously, my husband and I are both very nervous and anxious as we have to wait an entire weekend to see what is happening. However, we are trying to keep positive.

Any experiences that you could share would be definitely helpful and greatly appreciated!

We will update as we know more.

OUR BABY IS DOING GREAT!  We just got back from our scan and the baby was moving a ton.  The babies heartbeat was also great for gestational age! 

The tech did find a hematoma which appears small and will continue to be monitored!  Thanks again for all your support and I wish you all the best in your pregnancies!Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml