1st Trimester

Newly pregnant, invited to a bachelorette party.

I never thought I'd post a comment on this site or any other, but I really need some advice.

My husband and I found out I was pregnant about two weeks ago (yay!) I am only 6 weeks along and prior to becoming pregnant my husband and I agreed that we weren't going to tell anyone, including family, until I was at least 10 weeks because of possible miscarriage.

Here is my dilemma: one of my high school friends is having her bachelorette party next week, I really don't want to let the cat out of the bag because I won't even be 8 weeks along! My friends from high school are somewhat "frenemies" in the fact that they are incredibly nosey and don't respect privacy very well. They have been hounding one of my other friends about whether or not I'm pregnant. Cool, so they are waiting for suspicious behavior.

I've read a few things online about saying I'm on a med you can't mix with alcohol or getting virgin drinks at the bar etc. The problem is, they are already suspicious. The virgin drinks thing would totally work except for the fact that we will be "pre-gaming" before going out to the bars and we will be taking a party bus. Ugh. I'm so frustrated. We are just not ready to tell people.

The only thing I have been able to come up with is to say that we are trying to get pregnant and that I could be, so I'm not going to drink. But I'm just not a good liar and I'm afraid it'll show on my face and I'll end up blurting it out, before my family knows. Please help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml