C-sections

C section bag~ reply to poster

*This was supposed to be a reply to a earlier post regarding the bag for the c section. For some reason this came up as a new post & I didn't realize until after my response was typed. Can't c&p and not going to type it all over, sorry.

I would recommend a dress (long & loose) for going home from the hospital. This way you don't have to worry about pants not fitting or rubbing your incision. I was soooo swollen, one of the pairs of pants I brought wouldn't fit so I ended up wearing my other ones for the whole time I was there. It was nice to wear something fresh home. Your panties, unless they are really high waisted, may roll down into your incision...after I got home, I would just put one of the hospital's 'super' pads into the waistband of my panties, facing into my stomach, to help cushion the area, so make sure you bring them home, even if you're not planning on using them. It looked awful but really helped with the pressure & pain. Because your bleeding may not be as bad as a vaginal delivery, you may also want to take the pads you plan on using at home (Always infinity are awesome) to the hospital, since they will be less bulky and may help you feel a little more normal. I did not use my boppy, as I was still too swollen and it put pressure in the wrong places but I had plenty of hospital pillows that worked better. The boppy was great for visitors to use though. One little tip, tie your phone charger cord around the handle of your bed because if it falls on the floor in the middle of the night, ringing the call button seems just wrong for someone to come pick it up and you definitely won't be able to do so. Also, make sure you take the stool softeners they offer you and continue to do so after you get home, even after your first bm, especially if you're taking the pain meds....you do not want an impacted stool. Trust me.

Walk as soon as you are able to. It will suck and it will hurt and you will be really slow (and that's ok) but walk. I walked my hall 3x's a day. Use the walls for support or whatever you need but it will help tremendously. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml