Babies on the Brain

Fear of Pregnancy & Labor

I have so many fears but I thought I would just post about the top 2!  :-)  My husband and I are thinking of starting to TTC....that in itself brings up anxiety for both of us since we are in our 30s and a bit set in our lifestyle now.  (My head fills with:  Will we still have fun?  Will we start to hate each other?  Will we go broke?)  We set a timeline for ourselves and finally feel ready to give it a shot. 

The biggest problem is me though.  I cannot get over this debilitiating fear of being pregnant and actually having to go through a delivery.  I know it sounds crazy since so many people have given birth in the world and they even go back to do it more times!  I don't think that I will be able to deal with so much pain.  My friends who are moms have shared their stories with me and it solidified how horrible I thought it was.  The thoughts fill me with this crazy anxiety / like a panic attack about to start.  My fear is so strong that I am considering not having children or maybe discussing a C-section with my dr if I do get pregnant. 

Is this normal?  Is there any hope to get over this?