Breastfeeding

re-hurt from a spurt?

I went through the expected nipple pain/cracking/good times the first week of EB. It got better...until last week (LO is 6 weeks). My nipples, though not cracked, have gotten red and sore. I'm also getting engorged occasionally. My boobs are killing me. First feeding of the day isn't bad but by the end, I am wincing in horrific pain while she eats that I practically hit the ceiling. I'm now having thoughts of "how am I going to keep being able to do this????"

Her latch didn't change but she is getting more vigorous and cluster feeds at times. I have no signs of infection and my nipples did "toughen up" after the first week of nursing. Could it be the increased frequency/vigorousness of nursing from a growth spurt causing the reemerging pains or do you think it might be something else?

I put milk on my nipples and let them air dry. I started putting lanolin on them again. I am considering pumping exclusively for a few days to let them heal or just sticking it out for as long as I can.

Has anyone else had pain return? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml