1st Trimester

MIL saved everything from her kids....

And expects us to use it.

Toys, crib, highchair, clothes, swing....

Hubs hauled a swing down from the attic that had been chewed by mice and had been 'repaired' with tape 29 years ago from her third child. Not to mention, you could wake up a whole neighborhood cranking that thing up to swing!

I immediately said, "no thanks" but she insisted we could just put new tape on it!

I firmly said, "I am not putting my baby in that thing" and walked out of the room. She was super offended. Sorry.

I'd be happy to use the blocks and clothes (that don't have moth holes or mice nests living in them) but I am NOT using toys that could potentially contain lead paint or are rusted! I'm not that freakin' broke. I'll get a new one. She said, "Well, we can use it at grammy's house" 

NO. YOU DON'T GET IT! I'm not putting my newborn in that thing. I will buy one for our house and hers if I have to. Hell, I'll carry everything over from my house to hers every time we visit if I have to. If she keeps it up, there will be no 'grammy's house'. She can come here to visit. Either that, or we'll hold the baby the entire time (mostly likely to happen anyway!) and if it needs to sleep, baby can rest in it's car seat!

Am I out of line?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml