Single Parents

Finally Delivered!

I was induced Tuesday at 40w4d. (Over 35 moms get induced before 41w) Quick 6 hours and 4 pushes later, Henry James S made his appearance into the world. He weighed 7lbs14oz and is 20.5" long. With a Hispanic father, I expected a headful of black hair and a red baby. His sister had 3" long hair that stuck up off her head, and was bright reddish pink. Nope! He has a little bit of light brown hair, and he's definitely got my skin tone. He's tongue tied, DD is too, but so far he's BF pretty well. Lactation consultants and pediatrician think BF will stretch it out far enough to not effect him as he gets older.

SD showed up at the hospital after I asked him to wait until the next day and hung outside the nursery until I let him in. I made sure he knew I had no I intention of giving him what he wanted regarding custody. He told me he wanted to be friends again, and I said it was too much too soon...that this is the first time I'd talked to him since he threatened to take Henry away. I'm not interested in letting bygones be bygones. I'm interested in dealing with him politely...not friendly. It's too soon for me. He asked when he could see him again, but hasn't shown an interest since Tuesday night. 

I decided long ago that I wouldn't stand in his way, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get him involved.

Anyway!! Super happy to not be pregnant anymore! There's a birth story on the Natural Birth board for anyone interested...my original plan was to deliver naturally, but little man just wanted to stay in mommy! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml