Dads & Dads-to-be

PSA: Daddy Board

So I wrote something in another post but it looks like we have experienced our first dirty delete.

Currently there are 2 threads regarding gifts to get husbands/significant others (there was 3) and a few others started by women.  I just wanted to share my opinion on what is happening.

This board just started and the guys haven't really had an opportunity to gain traction and figure out what is going on.  Having all the other posts come in from women already established on the site is like getting an awesome new gift you really wanted and everyone else getting to use it before you even touch it.  I don't think a question every now and again is out of line and once the board is a little bit more robust with male posters it will be less of an impact.  I didn't come here to be the focal point of questions from every woman on every other board on this site, I specifically came to be a part of a community of men that are excited about being a father or going to be a father.  If I come to the daddy board and all that I see is an interrogation going on I probably won't come a whole lot anymore.

An idea I had in the other thread was to get in private contact with one of the guys and let them start the thread.  It may be sneaky but it will give us a sense of ownership of what is going on. 

Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic