1st Trimester

Trying to Stay Positive - Advice?

Hi Ladies,

I've been lurking for weeks, but decided I would post after seeing my doctor this morning. I should be a little over six weeks, and had two positive HPT's on the 10th and 11th of this month. I've had lots of symptoms (nausea, tired, food aversions, increased urination, increased thirst, sore boobs, etc), and thus wasn't too worried. But when I went in this morning (1st appointment) and gave a urine sample, the nurse told me it came up negative. My doctor then did an internal exam and said my uterus was definitely enlarged and I certainly felt pregnant, but obviously with the negative test today there was some talk of miscarriage. He sent me for bloodwork, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow (at the earliest) to get the results. I was quite distraught, as I was not expecting this. I had no signs of miscarriage, outside of some intermittent cramping for a couple weeks (but it wasn't severe constant, or accompanied by blood). I bought another HPT on the drive home, and it came up with an immediate positive. I'm feeling super confused, and trying to be positivie, but also feel like I've had a rug pulled out from under me. Anyone else have experience with this sort of thing? I would really love to hear from some other expectant moms right now. Thanks a lot ladies (and sorry for being so wordy).