Breastfeeding

Cost of a LC?

I called the hospital LCs on Friday due to extreme nipple pain when nursing. It's toe-curling pain when DD latches on, and while the pain lessens a bit, it is still very painful the entire nursing session & makes me dread feeding her (more on the right side than left, but they both hurt). Nursing had been going ok once my nipples healed from the initial damage done when we first started. I have no nipple damage now, they just hurt so bad!!! Anyway, the LC I spoke to said it could be thrush (though LO has no white in her mouth) but they couldn't see me until tomorrow to be sure. When I was pregnant, I asked my insurance if LCs were covered & was told no. So when I asked how much it would cost me OOP to go see the hospital LC, she said $280!!! She gave me the billing codes they use to check with my insurance again, but if they still tell me no, we cannot afford a $280 appointment. Is this the normal cost of an LC??? Are there any other options? The pain is really hard to bear, but I really want BFing to work out.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml